This 4-day, instructor led course introduces students to Informatica PowerCenter 9.x through lecture and hands-on exercises. The course is designed for Database Developers who are new to Informatica PowerCenter.
Informatica PowerCenter is a collection of thick client workbench tools that Developers can use to create, execute, monitor and schedule ETL processes.
The course will introduce attendees to working with the PowerCenter Designer, Workflow Manager, and Workflow Monitor tools, performing tasks such as creating transformations, mappings, reusable objects, sessions and workflows to extract, transform and load data. They will develop cleansing, formatting, sorting and aggregating procedures. They can learn how to use routers, update strategies, parameters /variables and overrides. This course will cover many different types of lookups, such as cached, persistent, dynamic and multiple row returns. Workflow tasks will be created to define a set of instructions for executing the ETL.
Course Objectives After successfully completing this course, students should be able to:
- Use Informatica Support to resolve questions and problems with PowerCenter 9.x
- Use PowerCenter 9.x Designer to build mappings that extract data from a source to a target, transforming it as necessary
- Use PowerCenter transformations to cleanse, format, join, aggregate and route data to the appropriate targets.
- Perform error handling/trapping using PowerCenter mappings
- Use PowerCenter 9.x Workflow Manager to build and run a workflow which executes a sessions associated with a mapping
- Design and build simple mappings and workflows based on essential business needs
- Perform basic troubleshooting using PowerCenter logs and debugger
Affecto Norway, Glasmagasinet, Stortorvet 10 (Inngang fra Møllergata)
Grunnleggende kunnskap om Windows GUI og kjennskap til relasjonsdatabaser og SQL.
Database developers with little or no experience of PowerCenter.