4 days (60% lecture,
40% hands on lab)
|NOK 25 000,-
Learn to administer the Informatica PowerCenter 9 Platform. Describe the Informatica 9 architecture. Install the platform, configure add and manage services. Define and set up platform best practices for users, user, privileges, roles, and permissions. Assign users to groups, privileges to roles and roles to groups. Assign permissions. Manage the domain. Manage repositories and repository folders. Backup and migrate the Informatica Domain database. Implement the metadata reporter and repository MX views. Use the command line to manage the domain and repository, start and control workflows. Set up Reference Table management, import and edit a reference table. Upgrade a license.
What You'll Learn in Class:
After successfully completing this course, students should be able to:
- Describe the Informatica 9 PowerCenter Administration architecture
- Describe the critical terms used in PowerCenter administration
- Describe the purpose and benefits of PowerCenter administration
- How to add services
- How to add users and groups and assign privileges and permissions
- Describe the web service Hub management
- Describe how to implement a Service Area
- Run command line statements to manage PowerCenter
- Describe how to view metadata reports
- Describe how to use the Analyst to create a reference table
- Describe how to chage the domain users
- Describe how to add an additional license
Knowledge in SQL, General relational database (Oracle), Microsoft Windows GUI, Windows Command line, General programming
Primary Target Audience: Informatica PowerCenter administrators with one year or more of professional experience or having attended Informatica PowerCenter Level 1 Developer or Informatica Data Services Level 1 Developer training class.
Additional Audience(s): Data Integration Developers, Data Integration Managers; Project Managers; Data Architects.