In this course you learn how to:
- Integrate a Mac within your network environment
- Configure your Mac to work with Active Directory
- Take advantage of network services, file sharing, printing, instant messaging, email, calendars, and contacts
- Provide security at the user, local network, and remote-networking levels
- Migrate data from a Windows computer to your Mac
- Back up your data
- Run Windows programs directly on your Mac
These skills will help you achieve compatibility and interoperability with your colleagues who use Windows.
This course also prepares you for the Apple Certified Associate - Mac Integration exam.
Table of contents
- Network accounts
- File Sharing
- E-mail, Calendars and Contacts
- Instant Messaging
- Data management and Backup
- Cross-platform compatibility
- Additional Resources
This guide assumes you have a basic understanding of OS X user skills and terminology.
This course is for:
- Users who are bringing a Mac into a small organization that’s predominantly Windows and Windows Server Essentials based
- Users who are replacing a Windows computer with a Mac
- System administrators supporting Mac users
- Anyone wanting to prepare for the Apple Certified Associate - Mac Integration exam.
Yngve is the training manager for the infrastructure department and has worked in Redpill Linpro since january 2000. He is currently teaching OS X and Linux courses, and is an Apple Certified Master Trainer.
Technical Certifications: LPI, SUSE Linux Professional, Apple ACSP, ACTC, ACSA and ACT