Learn to deploy, manage, and configure storage and OpenStack
The Red Hat OpenStack Administration III (CL310) course provides extensive hands-on training for experienced system administrators in how to use the distributed storage features of Red Hat® Ceph Storage and the networking capabilities of OpenStack® Neutron. Students will set up a Ceph environment and its configuration as a back end for OpenStack, and configure and use the advanced features of OpenStack Neutron.
Spoken language in the training will be english unless all students are comfortable/familiar with norwegian. Training material is in english.
Students will set up a Ceph environment and its configuration as a back end for OpenStack, and configure and use the advanced features of OpenStack Neutron.
Course content summary
- Deploy Red Hat Ceph Storage
- Manage snapshots in Red Hat Ceph Storage
- Access Ceph storage through Ceph block device (RBD) and Ceph object gateway (RADOSGW)
- Configure Red Hat Ceph Storage as a storage back end for OpenStack Services
- Manage networks based on VXLAN, VLAN and GRE
- Deploy and using load-balancer-as-a-service (LBaaS) in OpenStack Neutron
- Troubleshoot Neutron issues
Outline for this course
- Introduction to Red Hat Ceph Storage
- Introduce Red Hat Ceph Storage architecture, components, and attributes.
- Describe Red Hat Ceph Storage components and features
- Describe the components and features of Red Hat Ceph Storage.
- Deploy and access Red Hat Ceph Storage
- Create snapshots and clones for Red Hat Ceph Storage.
- Create snapshots and clones
- Manage snapshots and clones of a Ceph Block Device (RBD).
- Ceph with the Glance Image service
- Integrate Ceph with the OpenStack Glance Image service to store OpenStack images in Ceph.
- Ceph with the Cinder Block Storage service
- Integrate Ceph with the OpenStack Cinder Block Storage service to provide OpenStack volumes in Ceph.
- Ceph with the Nova compute service
- Integrate Ceph with the OpenStack Nova compute service to store instance data in Ceph.
- Introduce networking fundamentals
- Review networking concepts and deploy OpenStack with a separate Neutron networking node.
- Network interfaces
- Manage network interfaces manually (using the ip command) and persistently.
- Virtual bridging
- Install and manage virtual network bridges.
- Virtual network devices
- Create and deploy virtual network devices.
- Network namespaces
- Manage and implement networks inside a network namespace.
- Neutron services
- Verify and manage the Neutron services.
- Provisioning tenant networks
- Provision tenant networks using VXLAN tunnels, GRE tunnels, and VLANs.
- Implementing load-balancer-as-a-service (LBaaS)
- Neutron networking services
- Diagnose and troubleshoot issues with the Neutron networking service.
- Comprehensive Review
- Review tasks from the Red Hat OpenStack III course.
- Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE®) certification or equivalent experience
- Red Hat Certified System Administrator in Red Hat OpenStack certification or equivalent experience
- Have taken Red Hat OpenStack Administration (CL210) course
Experienced Linux® system administrators responsible for managing OpenStack environments who want to learn:
- To configure scalable and distributed storage as a storage back end for OpenStack
- The advanced features offered by OpenStack Neutron