The Red Hat Certificate of Expertise in Clustering and Storage Management exam (EX436) is a performance-based test of the skills and knowledge needed to implement high-availability services on Red Hat Enterprise Linux® using the Red Hat Enterprise Linux High Availability Add-on.
Red Hat recommends that candidates earn Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA) or Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE) before attempting this exam but neither is required.
Study points for the exam:
To help you prepare, review the exam objectives which highlights the task areas you can expect to see covered in the exam. Red Hat reserves the right to add, modify, and remove exam objectives. Such changes will be made public in advance.
Candidates should be able to perform the tasks listed below:
- Configure a high-availability cluster, using either physical or virtual systems, that:
- Provides a service fail-over between the nodes
- Provides a preferred node for the service
- Selectively fails over based on node characteristics
- Manage logical volumes in a clustered environment such as:
- Create volumes and volume groups that are available to all members of a highly-available cluster
- Create snapshots of logical volumes
- Configure a GFS file system to:
- Meet specified size, layout, and performance objectives
- Support file system quotas
- Configure iSCSI targets and initiators
- Manage device configuration using udev
- Create and manage Red Hat Storage based clusters including:
- Creating distributed clusters
- Creating replicated clusters
- Implementing and utilizing appropriate file systems
As with all Red Hat performance-based exams, configurations must persist after reboot without intervention.
Exam candidates must:
- Hold a current RHCE certification at the time the exam is taken.
- Have Red Hat Enterprise Clustering and Storage Management (RH436) or equivalent experience.
- Understand that real-world system administration experience is also an important aspect of preparation for the exam.
- Review exam objectives for the Red Hat Certificate of Expertise in Clustering and Storage Management Exam.
- Experienced Linux® system administrators responsible for the planning, deployment, and management of more than 1 physical or virtualized server
- An RHCE interested in earning a Red Hat Certificate of Expertise or an RHCDS or RHCA credential