Students will learn how to install, configure, and maintain a cluster of Red Hat Storage servers. The course will also explore highly available common Internet file systems (CIFS) and network file systems (NFS) using CTDB, unified file and object storage, and geo-replication.
Note: Red Hat Storage Server Administration is part of our new emerging technology series of courses. These courses focus on Red Hat's newer, evolving technologies. Emerging technologies courses are feature- and functionality-focused and are conducted like guided labs, with little lecture.
Course content summary
- Install and configure Red Hat Storage Server.
- Create and manage different volume types.
- Learn about IP failover for NFS and CIFS using CTDB.
- Explore geo-replication,
- Practice unified file and object storage using Swift.
Outline for this course
Introduction to Red Hat Storage
Understand Red Hat® Storage server features and terminology.
Explore the classroom environment
Gain familiarity with the classroom environment.
Install Red Hat Storage Server.
Build a Red Hat Storage server volume.
Understand different volume types.
Access data on Red Hat Storage server volumes from different client types.
ACLs and quotas
Implement quotas and Posix access control lists.
Grow storage volumes online.
Configure IP failover using CTDB.
Unified file and object storage
Configure Swift object access.
Perform basic troubleshooting tasks.
- RHCSA certification or equivalent experience
- Linux system administrators and storage administrators interested in, or responsible for, maintaining large storage clusters using Red Hat Storage