Spoken language in the training will be english unless all students are comfortable/familiar with norwegian. Training material is in english.
Students will learn how to install and use Red Hat Satellite server with enhanced entitlements reporting to deploy and manage systems. By the end of this course, students will have built their own RPM packages and will have used Subversion to manage changes to files. This course can also help you prepare for the Red Hat Certificate of Expertise in Deployment and Systems Management exam (EX401).
This version of the course includes the exam
Course content summary
- Install Red Hat Satellite server with Subscription Asset Manager
- Red Hat Satellite organizations, users, and roles
- Manage changes with revision control software
- Manage software with Red Hat Satellite software channels and errata
- Construction of custom RPM packages
- Report and automation with Red Hat Satellite programming API
- Deploy configuration files using Red Hat Satellite
- Provision with Pre-boot Execution Environment (PXE)
- Administer Red Hat Satellite
- Students without a Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE) certification are encouraged to check their experience levels by taking a free online skills assessment.