This course equips students with the skills they require to deploy and configure System Center 2012 R2 Operations Manager. Using hands-on labs, students learn the following:
- How to architect and implement a System Center 2012 R2 Operations Manager Management Group.
- How to upgrade and migrate from an existing Operations Manager 2007 R2 Management Group to System Center 2012 Operations Manager, System Center 2012 SP1 Operations Manager and System Center 2012 R2 Operations Manager.
- Understand the key elements of Management Packs including Object Discoveries, Rules, Monitors, Targeting and Run As Accounts and Run As Profiles. This includes authoring Management Packs.
- How to configure fabric and application monitoring in System Center 2012 R2 Operations Manager including both datacenter and cloud resources such as networking, storage and compute.
- How to configure monitoring of .NET and Java based applications using Application Performance Monitoring.
- How to configure end to end service monitoring including synthetic transactions and Distributed Application Diagrams.
- How to configure Dashboards, Service Level Tracking Reporting and the SharePoint Web Part to enable visualization of key performance and availability metrics.
- How to customize the Operations Manager Console to meet the needs of different application support teams.
- How to integrate Operations Manager with other System Center 2012 R2 components and extend monitoring to include key business processes and procedures.
- How to troubleshoot an Operations Manager Management Group and perform disaster recovery procedures such as database and management server recovery.
- How to use new features in System Center 2012 R2 including:
- Integration with System Center Advisor.
- Integration with Team Foundation Server.
- Managing Windows Azure.
Dette kurset gjennomføres som åpent kurs i Oslo, Bergen, Stavanger og Trondheim.
Kurset kan også settes opp på forespørsel som åpent eller bedriftsinternt kurs.
In addition to their professional experience, students who attend this training should already have the following technical knowledge:
- One or more years experience in the design and implementation of System Center Operations 2007 R2 or System Center 2012 Operations Manager is desired.
- Working knowledge of Windows Server 2008 R2 and Windows Server 2012 R2.
- Working knowledge of SQL Server 2008 R2 and SQL Server 2012.
The primary audience for this course is for cloud and datacenter administrators who are new to System Center 2012 R2 Operations Manager and are responsible for deploying, configuring and operating it in their cloud or datacenter. The secondary audience for this course is cloud and datacenter administrators who are already familiar with Operations Manager and want to upgrade their skills to include the new features found in System Center 2012 Operations Manager, System Center 2012 SP1 Operations Manager and System Center 2012 R2 Operations Manager.