What you will learn
- Understand client-side web development technologies
- Creating HTML web pages
- Using HTML controls effectively
- Creating CSS style sheets
- Defining common CSS styles
- Handling user interaction events
- Creating Simple HTML Web Pages: HTML document structure; Defining text content using div, span, etc.; Defining headers; Creating hyperlinks
- Lists and Tables: Creating ordered and unordered lists; Configuring list appearance; Creating tables, table rows, and table columns; Configuring table layout
- Defining Forms: The role of forms in HTML; Defining input controls; Defining buttons; Submitting and resetting forms
- Working with Images: Image file formats; Adding images to a web page; Configuring images; Using images in hyperlinks
- Web Development Quickstart (3 days)
- Getting Started with CSS: Overview of CSS; Defining inline and embedded styles; Linking to external style sheets; Overview of media queries and adaptive rendering
- Understanding CSS Selectors: Element selectors; Class selectors; id selectors; Combining selectors; Positional selectors; Attribute selectors; Chaining and grouping selectors
- Details of CSS Styling: Styling backgrounds; Styling text; Styling fonts; Styling lists; Styling tables
- Understanding the CSS Box Model: Overview; Defining borders; Defining padding; Defining margins
- Controlling Layout: Visibility and display; CSS positioning; Floating elements; Additional techniques
- Event Handling: Event-handling concepts; Handling events inline; Defining event-handler functions; Handling common types of events
- Window and Document Management: Interacting with the browser; Document Object Model (DOM); Accessing nodes in the document; Manipulating existing content in the Web page; Adding new content to the Web page
- What Next: Overview of jQuery and other libraries; Overview of Ajax; Overview of HTML5 and CSS3 features.
||About Andy Olsen - the author and instructor of the course
Andy is a freelance consultant and instructor based in the UK, working mostly in the City of London and Oxford. Andy worked for 7 years as a technology specialist and product manager at QA Training, and now specializes in Microsoft .NET and Java Enterprise Edition systems. Andy is also actively involved in a variety of book projects primarily with Apress, and is a regular speaker at conferences in the UK, Europe, and the US.
3-6 months experience with a contemporary Language.
Personer som ønsker å starte med webutvikling.