This course has no future course date(s) listed. Use the form to contact the course provider for more information.
This course is designed for middle to senior level management staff in the upstream sector of the petroleum industry. The program details all key issues that are strategic in nature and therefore critical for the attainment of corporate objectives in project & production related procurement and contracts.
The program recognizes problems that tend to mitigate the achievement of such objectives including Vendor limitations, Materials & Spares obsolescence, Corporate budget limitations, inefficient approval processes, impeding governmental regulations including Local Content restrictions, and Shipping & other logistics issues. The typical problems common amongst oil industry contractors & sub-contractors will also be highlighted, such that participants can gain sufficient insight into the above and learn of the various solutions and international trends available including the ‘best fit’ solutions adapted to the local environment.
1. Classification of Contracts in the Petroleum Industry
2. Stages in Typical Petroleum Industry Contract Administration & Contract Management Flow chart.
3. Contracts Approval Process
4. Preparation of Contract Terms & Conditions, Clauses, Scheduling etc.
5. Problems & Challenges of Successful Contract Management:
6. Procurement Logistics Coordination in Engineering Project Contract
7. Success Factors for Contract Management:
8. Engineering & Materials Contract & Supplies Negotiation & Successful Negotiations Techniques.
9. Contracts Performance Monitoring & Control.
10. Contract Termination & Client’s Recoverable Costs