Build your skills as a high-performing team member of an Agile Release Train (ART) and learn about the critical role that Scrum Master plays in a SAFe® implementation.
The course covers facilitation of cross-team interactions in support of program execution and relentless improvement. It enhances the Scrum paradigm with an introduction to scalable engineering and DevOps practices, the application of Kanban to facilitate the flow of value, and supporting interactions with architects, product management, and other critical stakeholders in the larger program and enterprise contexts. The course also offers actionable tools for building high-performing teams and explores practical ways of addressing Agile and Scrum anti-patterns in the enterprise.
YOU WILL LEARN TO
- Describe Scrum in a SAFe enterprise- Facilitate Scrum events- Facilitate effective Iteration execution- Support effective Program Increment execution- Support relentless improvement- Coach Agile teams for maximum business results- Support DevOps implementation
- SMALL CLASS: 12 attendees max- Four short days – from 10:00 AM – 02:30 PM- Homework before class to increase the benefits of the training- Online discussions and feedback on exercises- Additional help for certification and exam
- Introducing Scrum in SAFe- Characterizing the role of the Scrum Master- Experiencing Program Increment planning- Facilitating Iteration execution- Finishing the Program Increment- Coaching the Agile team
WHO WILL BENEFIT?
This class is intended for people new to the role of Scrum Master, or people wanting to better understand the role and how it fits in a SAFe enterprise, attendees typically include
- New of existing Scrum Masters- Team Leads- Release Train Engineers
All are welcome to attend the course, regardless of experience. However, the following prerequisites are highly recommended for those who intend to take the SAFe® Scrum Master (SSM) certification exam:
- Familiarity with Agile concepts and principles- Awareness of Scrum, Kanban, and Extreme Programming (XP)- Working knowledge of software ad hardware development processes
- Exam name: SAFe® 4 Scrum Master Exam – or – SAFe® 5 Scrum Master Exam- Exam format: Multiple choice; Multiple select- Exam delivery: Web-based (single-browser), closed book, no outside assistance, timed- Exam access: Candidates can access the exam within the SAFe Community Platform upon completion of the SAFe® Scrum Master course- Exam duration: Once the exam begins, candidates have 90 minutes (1.5 hours) to complete the exam- Number of questions : 45- Passing score : SSM 4 = 33 out of 45 (73%); SSM 5 = 34 out of 45 (75%)- Language: English- Exam cost: First exam attempt is included as part of the course registration fee if the exam is taken within 30 days of course completion. Each retake attempt costs $50.- Retake policy: Second attempt on exam (first retake) can be done immediately after first attempt. Third attempt requires a 10-day wait. Fourth attempt requires a 30-day wait.