This course is for senior system and storage administrators who are interested in deploying scalable, highly available storage on off-the-shelf hardware and in cloud environments.
Students will learn how to install, configure, and maintain a cluster of Red Hat Storage servers. The course will also explore highly available common Internet file systems (CIFS) and network file systems (NFS) using Clustered Trivial DataBase (CTDB), unified file and object storage, and geo-replication. Finally, students will learn about the Hadoop plugin for Red Hat Storage, snapshots, and geo-replication.
This course can help you prepare for the Red Hat Certificate of Expertise in Hybrid Cloud Storage Exam (EX236).
Note: Red Hat Gluster Storage Administration is part of our emerging technology series of courses. These courses focus on Red Hat's newer, evolving technologies. Emerging technologies courses are feature- and functionality-focused and are conducted like guided labs, with little lecture. For more information about these courses, please contact us.
Spoken language in the training will be english unless all students are comfortable/familiar with norwegian. Training material is in english.
Course content summary
- Install and configure Red Hat Storage Server
- Create and manage different volume types
- Learn about IP failover for NFS and CIFS using CTDB
- Explore geo-replication
- Practice unified file and object storage using Swift
- Learn about snapshots
- Learn about the Hadoop plugin
Prerequisites for this course
- RHCSA certification or equivalent experience
- For candidates who have not earned their RHCSA, confirmation of the needed skills can be obtained by passing the online skills assessment.
Outline for this course
- Introduction to Red Hat Storage
- Understand Red Hat Storage server features and terminology.
- Explore the classroom environment
- Gain familiarity with the classroom environment.
- Install Red Hat Storage Server.
- Basic configuration
- Build a Red Hat Storage server volume.
- Volume types
- Understand different volume types.
- Access data on Red Hat Storage server volumes from different client types.
- ACLs and quotas
- Implement quotas and Posix access control lists.
- Extending volumes
- Grow storage volumes online.
- IP failover
- Configure IP failover using CTDB.
- Configure geo-replication.
- Unified file and object storage
- Configure Swift object access.
- Perform basic troubleshooting tasks.
- Managing snapshots
- Manage snapshots in Red Hat Storage.
- Hadoop plugin
- Learn about the Hadoop plugin configuration.
- Linux system administrators and storage administrators interested in, or responsible for, maintaining large storage clusters using Red Hat Storage
- Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA) certification or an equivalent level of knowledge is highly recommended